HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR NEW MICROBLADED BROWS:
Immediately after your session you will notice that your brows appear to be “sweating.” This clear fluid is called lymph fluid and is a particle of the blood. Gently blot that lymph fluid from the brows with the cotton provided. Do not allow that lymph fluid to dry up and crust on your brows. Before bed gently wash your brows with a gentle cleanser like dial, cetaphil, or baby shampoo. DO NOT be abrasive when washing. You will also be given Brow Balm at your treatment session. We recommend gently applying 3 times a day. Keep out of the sun throughout the healing process. Do not apply any cosmetics in this area for AT LEAST 10-14 days. Just keep the area clean and let it breathe! Do not pick or scratch at the scabs. Do not saturate or drench the brows when showering and do not sweat for AT LEAST 10-14 days.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
● Immediately following your procedure, the microbladed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort.
● During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
● The complete healing process takes about 4-6 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 4-6 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done.
WHAT NOT TO DO:
● You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any shampoos or cleansers on the treated area for the first five days as they can be detrimental to the bonding process that must take place for the pigment to stabilise in the dermis.
● DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
● DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 2 weeks. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
● DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
● DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
● DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
● No anti-aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
● Do not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
● NO exercising and/or sweating for 10-14 days after the treatment.
● NO swimming pools, jacuzzis or other bodies of water for two weeks.
● Do not soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for two weeks.